California’s Premier 100-mile Paddle Adventure!
Thursday, September 28 - Sunday, October 1, 2017
Welcome to the 2017 Paddle California! This is our fifth Paddle California. We are excited to experience the majestic beauty of the Sacramento River and share paddling techniques and new paddle gear options with you.
Paddle California is a four-day and three-night paddle trip that covers 100-miles of the Sacramento River from Redding to Chico, California. This is the Sacramento River Preservation Trust's premier paddling event of the year and allows us the opportunity to share the beauty, accessibility, resources, land preservation, habitat restoration, and importance of the Sacramento River with participants, while also allowing our paddlesports partners and sponsors to share paddle knowledge and gear with you.
You can bring your own canoe, kayak, SUP, or other approved craft or RENT from one of our canoe and kayak outfitters. If you do not have your own camping gear, no worries, we can help you with that too! This is a luxury overnight paddle camping experience that will provide you with the knowledge and resources necesary to return to the Sacramento River on your own with friends and family to camp on the many islands and publicly accessible beaches in the future. You are also part of supporting the creation of the first waterproof guide to recreating on the Sacramento River, GO YOU!
The Sacramento River is a SAFE and FUN river. Our river course is Class I with a handful of Class II short sections. We highly encourage you to invite your paddle friends and share this event with others you think might benefit from an experience like this one.
Buy Your Ticket(s) Today!
PADDLE CALIFORNIA 2017 Tickets: Each paddler when registering for this amazing paddle adventure will also be encouraged to share information about the trip and help encourage their friends, family, and fellow paddlers to join us on this journey. 10% of the Paddle California 2017 Registration Cost is tax deductible and goes toward funding our waterproof Sacramento River Blue Trail Recreation Guide. Visit Paddle California's website.
MEMBER TICKETS ($649.00): This si for Sacramento River Preservation Trust Members. If you are not a member and want to join please click the link here: Become a Member!
Non-Member Tickets ($699.00): If you are not a member of the Sacramento River Preservation Trust, this is the ticket for you! It is a great value with all of the services, support, and goods included in your trip.
.... Feeling a bit rusty, or are you interested in trying out rental boats before Paddle California 2017?
Add a PADDLE CLINIC Ticket: This year we will be offering paddle clinics led by very experienced paddle trainers in spring and summer. We have clinics associated with our Cal 100 Race already taking sign-ups. Paddle California 2017 is open to ALL LEVELS OF BOATER and most craft types (pedal kayaks are discouraged). We have BOATS TO RENT and CAMPING GEAR TO RENT as well. More information on current Paddle Clinics.
Your Paddle California 2017 Ticket Includes:
All Trip Meals (Thursday Breakfast - Sunday Dinner)
Drinks and Alcoholic Beverages
Massage Therapists at each evening camp
Gear Shuttle from camp to camp
Paddle Cal 2017 T-shirt & Commemorative Kleen Kanteen
Sacramento River Resource Speaker Presentations each night (Federal, Regional, Local, and NGO)
Parking Lot Securtiy to watch our cars each night while we paddle dowsntream
Chartered Bus Rides & Boat/Gear Shuttle from the finish line to our cars in Redding
Memories with your freinds, family and fellow paddlers
After you buy your tickets... You will recieve a confirmation email with your Paddle California 2017 and/or Paddle Clinic confirmation number. In the email their will be links to other resources and tasks associated with preparing for the event like: contacting us regarding rental equipment (boats & camping gear available); hotel booking instructions and our recommended hotels; links to other videos and promotional materials; health and assumption of risk forms; etc.
More about Paddle California:
Paddle California is part FUNDRAISER and part PADDLESPORT DEMO & STROKE CLINIC. The fundraising element helps support our efforts to encourage the sustainable use of public lands along the Sacramento River and finish our Sacramento River Blue Trail Recreater's Guide project, a waterproof guide to recreating on the 154-mile stretch of the Sacramento River between Redding and Colusa, California. The Sacramento River Preservation Trust first hosted this event in 2014 to share the amazing public lands and restoration activities along the main stem of the Sacramento River with paddlers, while also allowing them to try new gear and learn new paddle safety and stroke techniques.
By signing up for the 2017 Paddle California you are joining other paddle adventurers and fundraisers. 10% of proceeds from the trip will go toward creating the new waterproof guide to boating, paddling, and recreating on the Sacramento River for all to enjoy and are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!
WANT TO BE A PADDLE CAL 2017 SPONSOR?
Great! It's even tax deductible...
Sponsors of our Paddle California 2017 adventure get to put their brand in the minds, hearts, and hands of paddlers from all over the United States and beyond for four-days and three-nights. We have THREE LEVELS of SPONSORSHIP:
- $500 = STEELHEAD SPONSORS
- As a Steelhead Sponsor your company's logo will be placed on our event banner (size: 3" X 5") for promotion at paddle events and during Paddle California 2017. We will also place your business logo and a link to your website on our webpage and on social media, mention your support on North State Public Radio 91.7 FM, and include your logo with links in our emails and communications with paddlers. You will also be invited to set up a sponsor table at our nightly camping locations to promote your business and/or cause.
- $1000 = SALMON SPONSORS
- As a Salmon Sponsor your company's logo will be placed on our event banner (size: 5" x 7") for promotion at paddle events and during Paddle California 2017. We will also place your business logo and a link to your website on our webpage and on social media, mention your support on North State Public Radio 91.7 FM, and include your logo with links in our emails and communications with paddlers. As a Salmon Sponsor your logo will be included on our Paddle California 2017 t-shirt design. Your company will also be invited to set up a sponsor table at our nightly camping locations to promote your business and/or cause.
- $5000 = WATERSHED SPONSORS
- As a Watershed Sponsor your company's logo will be placed on our event banner (size 8" x 10") for promotion at paddle events and during the Paddle California event. We will also place your business logo and a link to your website on our webpage and on social media, mention your support on North State Public Radio 91.7 FM, and include your logo with links in our emails and communications with paddlers. Your company's logo will be included in our trip t-shirt design, Klean kanteen pint branding, AND you are invited to send one company representative on the trip to promote your business or cause. Your company will also be invited to set up a sponsor table at our nightly camping locations to promote your business and/or cause.
Unable to attend this year?
You can still be part of this effort. Click "Make a Donation Now" above to help us reach our fundraising goal and support our efforts to create the first waterproof recreational guide to exploring the Sacramento River between Redding and Colusa, California. Donations of $100 or more recieve a Paddle California Commemorative Klean Kanteen!
THANK YOU SPONSORS!